There were many times I sat on the 24 that brought me home from an institution I called home for the first three months of 2005. During the many trips home, there was only one issue I thought about: Am I at home at where I am now?
24 gives me an average of 45 minutes a day to think about my impending future. The least comfort I needed to know that I've tried my best experimenting, I need to know what I really want. I need to leave NY knowing I've tried my best.
If there is any driving force that mould my decision to come to design school, it would be my affair with fine arts. While I toyed with painting techniques, colours and struggled to keep up with the talented in my class, I knew i'll never find happiness. The day the fog cleared was the day my heart grew light. I never felt more liberated.
The warm open arms of design school also forced me to hear the silent singing of my heart. I finally felt like I came home.
I realised I could never drift far from design, from photography. Despite three months of forced love, attachment could simply not be broken.
What makes one choose to come to design school?
Its when you break down all false walls of assumption and perception, when you listen to your heart and when you finally gather the guts to execute the decision. When you know you really cannot do without doing what you love, when you know its really what you need in your life.
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Going home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment