Friday, August 19, 2005

Understanding Love

I thought more about the quote today.

"To keep your man, don't jab at his weaknesses. Just because he forgets to call, it doesn't mean he doesn't love you" -Goldie Hawn

Every individual may have his way of displaying love to his partner and it only makes you miserable should you compare your man to certain sterotypical standards. Sure, you'll want him more romantic, more thoughtful, more conscientious and meticulous to your needs, but aren't you with him for a reason, with a unique individual you chose to share your life with?

He may not buy you flowers, he may not meet you in his every free moments, he may not drop you a message now and then, he may not give you his attention while he's working, he may need to sleep before conversations sets in, he may need to devote his time to every other commitments in his life, he may be all upright, he may debate with you over certain definations in being a scout or a guide, he may do a thousand and one things that upsets you indirectly, BUT, it is him to be of such. And you love him for that, didn't you?

He loves me, but he has his way of showing it. He is him with all the scouts, work and church commitments. I knew it all along, way before we were together, his priorities and focus in life. So why chose to get upset about it now? Because he was focused and motivated, and hence the initial attraction. Why should it change now?

When you focus on the happier side and chose to ignore the negative, not because you refuse to face up to reality, but because the negative was all imagined and emotive, you realise there was never anything wrong about the relationship, that he loves you nonetheless. It was all about you, afterall. You with the insecurities, you with the demands and you with all the meanlingless want of attention.

But I need help in maintaing this outlook to our relationship and I know it really really really won't be easy, especially for me. But you're worth it, worth the fight, worth the battle. It takes two hands to clap, be my other hand, won't you?

It's been a whole week and I'm trying not to get upset over not having the chance to just look at you. I expect more of these weeks coming, of not meeting you even once for the whole week, so I'll jsut have to try to divert my attention.

Love you very much. Miss you even more.

No comments: