Tuesday, April 11, 2006

one year on...

once, i actually felt patrotic to the place I call my second home.
one year on, walking in the same campus,
looking at the same archiecture,
i guess the novelty slipped away.

depressed.
the initial ethnocentricsm makes one thinks designers are all mighty,
way above the other "commoners" schools.

yet a year on, one starts to see the beauty of the plain, and the horrid ugly-ness of the "elite".

too much politics, too much individualism going on.
once, i believed the school believed in its people.

from a freshie to a junior, i guess i'm starting to slow down.
losing the enthusiasm and the lurrvee for the outlandish.

the people starts to look uglier,
the place colder than before.
the bond we share within pale in comparism to those one shares with the outside.

I even start to wonder where would I be, if I had chose a field far from design.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey stef! Go listen to this song Bob Marley-Dont Worry Be happy.

Anonymous said...

hey! I guess it's alright to feel a bit lost once in a while. didn't moses say that at the start of the last sememster?

I feel like that quite a lot too, and perhaps because I didn't create as much bonds in TP as I did outside, I cannot say that I once felt really into the school. just enjoy the rest of your stay here in TP, and make the best out of it.

Cheerios ^_^
liz