Sunday, October 01, 2006

for a dream come true.

i've always wanted to go japan for as long as i remember.
daddy used to work for a jap firm, and his car would always be playing the jap cassette in his bid to learn japanese.
his jap friends used to buy lovely sweet grapes from japan,
and little japanese dolls for his little girl.

then came a period in my life where i was facinated with Washi. (is it washi?)
traditional patterned papers, so exotic.
soon, i was reading about Geishas.
Books and documentaries,
it was some craze that at least brought me some knoweldge.

and than once,
i had this crazy plan to head to Japan after our O's.
With a certain dear friend who was equally into the whole thing.

Now, i really can't bring myself to understand,
that I am heading there tml.
Indeed,
to Kyoto, to Gion.
To places I've always wanted to see the quaint teahouses,
and the very few geishas strotting around in the afternoon.

I'm part afraid.
Afraid that the beautiful, complete and almost perfect painting I have of Japan would be crushed.
Like how Disneyland lost the magic when I was 13.

Somehow I can't stop feeling this would be one hell of a memorable trip.

No comments: