I realised, admist frustration and disappointment experienced today,
that it wasn't the very fact that the printer kept screwing up after an hour of waiting for the huge file to be sent,
that made me really upset.
I was frustrated because it was beyond my control.
Technology haven't been quite a best friend to me,
and I hate the dependency one acquire when you sign your soul to great T.
Thinking,
if it was a darkroom print,
fully "analog" in this case,
no matter how disgustingly humongous the print would be, (2m in towering height)
it can ALWAYS be done.
At your own time, at your own pace.
But to digitalise your image,
to have a final output in digital print.
It requires Trust in the machines involved,
and a great dash of foolish faith.
You can't do anything while the damn computer is still processing and sending the damn file!
I hate feeling helpless.
I hate feeling dependent.
I hate the need to have faith.
I hate to waste bloody time.
So 4 hours, and endless amount of trying.
The printer just died on me.
Idiotically, while printing halfway, paper perfectly in place, it thought it jammed its paper.
"Paper Jam".
and after another hour of trying to resend the file,
the idiot ejected all its roll paper and than screamed A BLINKING "Out of paper"!
Oh DEAR FRIEND.
I trying hard enough not to kick you in the ass
nor pull your damn strings apart.
Work for me,
THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE ADOPTED TO DO
please?
Thursday, November 02, 2006
i hate Dependency
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment