For weeks now my phone's been so quiet,
I stare at it at intervals within hours,
no messages, no calls.
When I scot out to breathe from the choke-smoked room,
I held on to my phone,
dying to call someone to exclaim,
and then realised it made no sense to call any of my friends.
I bought "my" first pack of ciggy today,
smirking and laughing at myself for being so excited at this experience.
The mobile snickered back,
I knew I had no one to tell about the surprised assistant who laughed when I said "I better bring my ID."
I no longer needed to leave it on for the night,
no longer bother to place it next to me just in case Rey calls.
Today, I consciously realised
Rey made of all my calls,
and of the reason I look at my gleaming red phone.
Friday, June 29, 2007
the evils of being mobile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey stefanie, i'm just a passer by who happened to drop by your blog during a random blog surfing.
Don't be in dispair. The transition from being attached to single really gets on the nerves of almost everyone. Don't feel alone, cause turn and look around, friends and family, they are all there for you to share your problems with. Whatever reasons it might be that caused the break up, i hope and pray that you find happiness and decide what are your priorites in life now. Chin up alright? (: -hugs- hope it makes you feel better
it's really weird. i bought ciggarettes today too. Hmm.
Post a Comment