These special people filled the shoes my parents are supposed to wear. For the first time in my entire life, I had two, two extremely important people speaking to me, advising me the way my parents should, loving and reprimanding me like their own kids. They are my special people, people whom I want their presence to be permanent in my life. To be there for my wedding, to be there for my kids, to be there whenever I need them.
I had dinner with them today. And he, whom which I have not spent much time with, read me like a book. Repeated and reinforced feelings I had once trotted over, pondered over, cried over. I never knew he knew, or so much he could see and understand from such a distance away. Mr Oon, my 2nd daddy.
He was right. Right to the precise spot. I have friends, everywhere and various kinds. Many to begin with. Ever bit of what he said struck a chord in me. Friends I may have, but how many will be there when I truly needs them. I shall not elaborate here, for it would be a long draggy story which I have given more than enough thoughts about. He was right about me needing an emotional pillar in my life. How there had never been a point of time I never had a guy around me. Reflecting, i realised how damn right he was. Indeed true and striking.
Joyce added, mentioning how the guides had once discussed about my lifestyle and the endless supply of fellows around me. You just don't know how much I envy you guys as much as you envy me. All these, are nothing but superficial landmarks that collapses after the test of time. Much colour as my history may paint, I am more than glad to have found my pillar of strength and support, a permanent one, i hope, in my life. Sometimes i wonder what it feels like not to be judged by the cover, to be loved from within and only within. How would it be? Would life had been more kind and sincere to you?
My baby needs lots and lots of reassurance. I realised today. I'm sorry my tongue might be too lethal, I'm sorry my words may be too cutting. I apologise for my straight forwardness, I would and will apologies for anything I've done that unconsciously hurt you in any way. This is me, me to be a little too demanding, a little too insensitive. But i will adapt. For you. The one I love and will want to continue pampering. But you have to comprehend that it is also me to continue apologising, to continue pacifying, to continue reassuring, to continue loving, for that privilege is given only to the man I need and love. Perhaps to the world it may seem ridiculous of me to do so, or even surprising the demanding and independent Miss Djie is doing such and such. But it doesn't matter to me, not the even least of the least. And i will continue the silent observation and comprehension of your soul, your needs and compromises with every whim and whines of yours. Impatience and intolerance doesn't seemed to be in my dictionary when i'm with you and i seriously wonder why. For I love you, alot.
Wednesday, September 08, 2004
Love and My 2nd Parents
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment