I was 14 minutes past my curfew. And so i got locked out.
Being the proud person I am, yet also not wanting to disturb the sleeping house of Djie. I didn't call anyone to open up. Instead I slept out. With a sleeping bag and a heart for adventure. I thought it would be nice to "experiment the outside", with the stars and the cool air.
I wasn't expecting the mosquitoes.
So after washing up with all the resources I had in the backyard, clothes, towel and all. I lay in my sleeping bag, loaned by my neighbour and after turning down several requests to stay over at people's house, I drifted to sleep with a warmed heart, heartened by the friends I have.
Had to reassure my sweetheart that I was really ok. Being the girl guide I am, isn't it? But like how Marcus put it: "It isn't the wild I fear, its the humans." Or somewhere along the line, sounded really Mr-Cho.
Only to be rudely awakened by mosquitoes, hourly.
Until my grandma woke up to use the toilet, did I then managed to get into a proper bed. Haven't resolved the fight I had with my parents, still awaiting The Fight when they come home.
I was rewarded for the stupid adventure I thought it might be fun. Rewarded with bouts of severe headaches and nauseousness. Was freaked out, thought it might be Dengue. But Andes Mosquitoes attack in the day. Thank goodness for that.
Slept the whole day, on and off till 6pm. Missed the think tank meeting and couldn't bring my grandma out for her checkup. Still feeling crappy. Rocking headaches "mild-ed down".
I'm going to bake later, its in my schedule. Vanilla Cheesecake.
I hope I can manage.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
The Longest Night
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment