Friday, November 11, 2005

a day of unforgettable events.

On the first day of swearing off salt, or at least to start minimizing my intake following a horrific article about the innocent looking white sand, I failed miserably in my attempt. Two unneccesary Instant Maggie in a day.

It was an amazing time out there in the "wild". Design Festival saw some of the many designers-to-be out in the urban jungle, carrying gigantic cubes, giggling and behaving like monkeys out loose. Me, Joie, Dorothy, Kristina and Junhao formed a formidable group of five, with our beloved Dominic and Mark as our camera crew. The day became extremely memorable, the insane stuff we do when we're lumped together. :) With our group spirit, I believe we managed to get one of the best clips and interviews. From approaching a whole bunch of RGS girls to a whole group of chinese-speaking, singaporean female colleagues just appearing out of nowhere near Esplanade. Tourists are the most helpful, the most cheerful, the most approachable bunch of people. They gladly participate in the small talk and gave the most in depth answer, wishing us a great day ahead and all.

I wish all the other busy adults in Singapore, those practically running around in Suntec, could give a little more time to their community.

Sometimes, I hate living here in this cold tiny island.

Jason Aw gave me a lift in his newly accquired driving skills! It was memorable, and totally exciting, given the fact it was my first experience being driven by a friend. A little heart-stopping, but it all struck me in awe. Thank you so much for the ride, my friend. :)

So Miss Djie was supposed to recee the fullerton's ballroom for MJC's graduation night, but ended up being invited to the "food tasting", which was actually, a TEN COURSE DINNER AT JAD, the chinese restaurant residing in Fullerton itself. Wow, was the only word I could describe it to be. What good fortune! Fabian and his friends were entertaining, not forgetting their beloved teacher, Mr Hon, who left pretty much an impression.

Though I suspect a little "JC vs Polytechnic" spite going, I shall choose not to be THAT sensitive. Struck me hard like a tight slap in my face though. I hate the whole mentality of who's better and who's not.

Oh please, those in (Temasek) Design are here BY CHOICE.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

haha where got a jc vs poly thing... we all enjoyed your company! =)