Monday, April 02, 2007

The big mountain looms behind.

Crawling to use the internet on a crazy rainy sunday, the centre here closes at 5pm.
So well. i got abt 10 mins to post.

Woodstock has been amazingly unbelievable.
Definitely surreal,
and insanely suffocating.
Yesh. Suffocating because its a small small town. A tiny whiny one.

The cabin I am staying at has no internet, no tv.
Its like Isolation, I don't know if I love or hate it.
Because I have really nothing better to do.
I cook, I read the bible and I play my itunes to keep me sane.

Its surreal because as you walk to work everyday,
breathing the fresh clear air,
against that mountain just behind my cabin.
Watching the american flag fly by the cemetery I walk by everyday.
I really can't believe all these is happening.

And while work has been amazing,
exhibition preparation and openings,
plenty of photographers and artists that stop by.
I feel so different, separated by my race and my inhibition for small talk.
Tomorrow I officially start,
but.. I've been working already, so it doesnt make so much of a difference.

There is a great great knowledgable man I grew to so admire.
Larry, this grand father who is always with his black leather jacket and his black cowboy hat.
I feel like there is really alot I can learn from him.
He's that patient nice man that kept smiling,
and kept teaching, thus far.
All the interns seem to really like him alot.

Today, being Palm Sunday.
I had to get my butt to church.
So the nearest parish was 5km away,
no bike, no car, no taxi, no bus.
I walked.
An hour, and my legs swayed.
Turned down offer for an hitchhike on the way back,
can't stop thinking how exciting it would have been if I did get on the car.
But well.. dreadlocks on a silhoutte, perhaps it was a wise decision.
Hmm.

I'm trying not to,
but I am missing
the city already.
8 more weeks to go.
:'(

Someone please update me when our timetable release.
And update on crowbar fei. SMS ME WITH CALLWAVE!
I miss you all!

8 comments:

Fei said...

Fei : HEY! how to sms you thru callwave? (+65) or put what code in the front?

Anonymous said...

hey stef!

sounds like everything's going pretty smooth over there right now! hope work has been good, the oldfrock boss nice, and the city warmly receptive

but im still a little worried! the place sounds so isolated and oh, the detachment from the essentials! MTV, youtube, tv and all. im glad you have itunes at least!and the cabin! cabin sounds so cramped and small and claustrophobic. reminds me of a cable car somehow. tell me its way bigger!

anyway you take care and rest well and eat well alright, especially since they hardly eat rice there! but most of all dont overwork cause you have a morbid tendency to do so!haha

im expecting sexy legs when you get back, what with all the walking!haha

love fabian

what goes around, comes around said...

glad to know ur safe & having a great time at NY! do continue updating (;
-min

Junhao said...

i can see you on google earth!

g said...

fabian!!!

okay. wait. The Cabin in question ain't small at all. There's like a small kitchen, a medium toilet, a medium dining room and like a medium living room. And a ladder to reach the loft where the bed is, so well.. small+medium+medium+medium=relatively large.

Haha. So yeaps. I've bought rice and actually cooked it. And dear me thought the onion was a garlic, to sum it, I bought the wrong kind. -.-

Going to start work now. Loves!

g said...

fabian!!!

okay. wait. The Cabin in question ain't small at all. There's like a small kitchen, a medium toilet, a medium dining room and like a medium living room. And a ladder to reach the loft where the bed is, so well.. small+medium+medium+medium=relatively large.

Haha. So yeaps. I've bought rice and actually cooked it. And dear me thought the onion was a garlic, to sum it, I bought the wrong kind. -.-

Going to start work now. Loves!

Anonymous said...

Fei :hello. wanted to sms u thru callwave but i used all 5 sms alrdy! haha. can only sms u tmr again.

"hi stef, r u still meeting e poet in e cafe? anw 930am here, i jus start work. my boss tellin me things like hw i shld tone down n find grace (subtle design) in my work. my works looks clumsy n raw n not designer-ish. n he's guiding me more directions on how 2 develop my illustration style. everythings fine here with me. u tc."

anyway. omg. did u recieve my email? the 2 schools are mind blewing. so many of my idols are from there. check Mark Ryen or Tomer Hanuka, they're from those schools.

hey. u take care take care over there k. dun online too much la!

Ophelia said...

if you have internet.. you have EVERYTHING. haha. take care.