Wednesday, April 04, 2007

WoodstockLibrary



So today is my day off and I'm at the library abusing the wireless connection they have here. It's an ugly horrible picture BUT I COULDN'T TAKE MORE BECAUSE LOOK, THAT ANG MOR WAS STARING AT THIS NARCISSIT ATTEMPT!

To the request of many, I will post photos soon. Haven't been doing any photo series, but have just gotten inspiration for one. Hope to get cracking on it soon. Missing alot of things I can't get here already. Top of the list being Teh Tarik. Wasn't even thinking about it until SOMEONE had to mention it.

Re: Work. The working environment here is supressing this workaholic so much, she really wishes she gets more work and time to do it. I am already bent on planning to get an internship position once I'm back in SIngapore so I don't miss out on what my fellow friends get at studios. As for the exhibition requested by school upon arrival, I've got it all planned out already! People here have been relatively welcoming, nice Larry went through my darkroom prints yesterday and gave me so much feedback and comments I never learnt nor knew about. Made me kinda nostalgic about the "keen eye" I was once so much more about, before.

Re: Results. I've grew so emotionally detached from all that buzz. Have just realised I've been opening my results page for the first time all over the world. Once in Australia, the other in Japan and now here in America! Had improved from previous semester, which is afterall my goal all along. But cannot believe being pulled down by a level one subject. Arghs. For that Japan exhibition, I've gotten the Distinction I so desired. So I'm pacified. Not exactly ecstatic neither am I depressed. OH well.

Re: Life at that cottage. It's green, cosy and lovely. Been cooking alot, and doing household chores I never was into doing before. Well... Nights are quiet, with the droning of my itunes to make some noise. Routine usually follows: Dinner, wash ups, gray's, writing/doodling/reading/thinking and than off to bed. I think I will start getting heavier, because every meal choice I make consist of cheese/cream/milk. Its cream pasta, cheesy potato chips dips, milky soup, every crumb of bread matched with heavenly Philadephia. I am so gonna get heavier............

Re: Any other matters. I am hoping to sign up for some classes at the Woodstock School of Arts soon. End this month they're organising some Landscape Painting tha requires some hiking in this area. I might just go for that! Next few day offs would be spent cycling around the other communities, small towns around this area. (Behind my place lay an Arts and Crafts colony that was built in 19th century under some wealthy guy who had always wanted a Utopian area to practice the arts). In other words, a man made Utopia that actually lived till the modern times! After which, I hope to take buses to the bigger cities and finally NYC, 2 hrs away. We'll see how things go from here.

Alright. Had spent 3 perfect hours here in the library and will make my move soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fei :hahaha. good to see you online.
okie dokie. u tc there k..
im in my office, need to get back to work before my boss caught me online!

hope ur lil cottage recieve my sms. =P

Anonymous said...

Fei : OMG! the world pinhole day falls on my birthday! im seriously fate to become a pinhole-grapher. HAHA

D said...

will tell you more about my SIP,
:) maybe through email alright girl?

for now,
i feel, the only way i can go is up,
feeling rock bottom these days :)

take care okay?
oh, do email me your addy over there,
i feel like sending silly care packages :p haha.

evangeline said...

heY stef!!I miss you badly!this internship is a rare and best chance for you to learn and explore the vibrant n sophisticated States.so no matter what, live to the fullest during your stay there.must take care ya!

Anonymous said...

Fei : hey how many of my sms did u recieve? let me know thru email leh!