helloooooo!
Its a beautiful day today, too beautiful to stay indoors.
This weekend is amazingly filled with travelling and photoshoot opportunities!
Saturday going to be spent with Susan, photoshooting this area and her friends.
Sunday I'm going New Paltz,and lovely other intern, Jennie is showing me around! Larry just told me about the place Jennie might drive me to see, www.mohonk.com
Isn't it just gorgeous?! I'm just so excited for the weekend! And next thurday we've planned a girls night out at a sweet restaurant for a movie night and dinner! :D i loving my colleagues!
I'm loving the weather, getting every opportunity to wear the boots I so detest in Singapore!
Random Ramblings, just found out of some fabulous places in the city that cuts your hair for free. Like Redkens and some other big shot but have "model cuttings" for free in the mornings. As much as I was so looking forward to leaving my hair out, I'd prolly chop the locks! Woot!
Super high now. Hmm. I HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED THE BIGGEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME!
A beautiful colleague of mine, is a lecturer at SVA. She's invited me to sit in her critque next Friday! It sounds crazy, but I'm excited about it because there's so much opportunity in that to talk to the students, to see the standards and to review the school campus. Dah Dah dah... Things just been going so well.
Lately, I'm having so much time on my hands I've finished a couple of books. P.S I love you (in which I cried non stop but don't really appreciate the writing of the author's) and Little Children (which I think portrays a very shallow perspective, and have not developed the characters well enough). I'm beginning on my third, which gave birth to an inspiration for a photo story too. But I shall be mindful and see what comes out of it.
For those who can guess the title, it is an 19th century book about an unhappy madame in a marriage with a doctor. She embroils in affairs and lovers to drown her unhappiness and ends up posioning herself. While the plot outline seems fairly simple, it is in one's knowledge of the controversy caused by the "realism" of the book in an era so dated, that makes it intriguing isn't it? Only one chapter into the book and it got me all entralled by its moulding of the character through the things he subtlely does. Knowing that the author has researched thoroughly before drawing his ink has forced me to slow down on reading it, to drink and dissect his descriptions and appreciate like it is a glass of vintage wine. It took him years to write it, tons of notes on 1500 books before committing this narration.
When I am done with it, I'm going to give my thoughts on it. For now its just. Wow bam poof*!
I love this retreat I'm geting, away from all the hecticness of life for some time to be myself.
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Wow bam poof!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment