Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Drifting in and out of work

Here I sit uploading images again.

yesterday The Relationship hit (365 x 2) days.

And maybe I was being sensitive, but there was just a bombardment of signs and hints the whole of yesterday...

Greeted by a lawyer's call in the morning, him wanting to impress/surprise his girlfriend with a photo workshop. So all evidence had to be mailed to his law firm and every notification directed to him. I found that overwhelmingly sweet, alot of assumption on my part. That the workshop he signed up for her, might be a photographer she greatly admire. And that during the workshop, he'll sweep her off her feet in Mahattan, drive her to this quaint town away from all that buzz and make love all weekend upon her return from his surprise. Whatever the truth might be, I don't think I want to know anyway. Aye,and for all that's worth, I wonder if something that thoughtful and sweet would ever happen to me.

During lunch, we had a massive girl talk session amongst colleagues, discussing how we, Independent, Stubborn and Ambitious women turned into soft jelly and kissed big dreams away when Prince charming came riding by. It was surprising, how we being brought up differently in different parts of the world, with a different cultural background and a different environment altogether still encounter so much similarities.

J's going away for 2 months, upon return might be moving to another state for university and yet her boyfriend wants them to live together. G's bf never asked about work, about her photography because he is a chemical engineer and changed her from dreaming to become an NYC photographer to settling with working here. She made a comment, saying each of us have a choice and only one life to live it; and that was her choice because she just wasn't hungry enough to want the other choice.

So what will my choice be? Sigh...
.
.
.
I simply cannot tolerate it when people don't bother to read instructions and send in imcomplete entries without artists statements/bio or squeeze a pathetic disk into a tiny envelope with no other supporting documents, or worst, handwritten scribbles. I wonder what Mrs Oon would do in such situation, for me, I know that if I am the Juror for this compeition, I wouldn't even look at the works. You don't comply, you don't treat your works with respect, you don't deserve my time looking through the photographs, despite that fat check that came with it. I don't care.

.
.
.
much later

came back from the video store and with heart racing, stumbled all over my words to tell Ginger what hapenned.

SOME FORTY ODD YEAR OLD AH PEK TRIED TO PICK ME UP! Okay, not that jia lat, sunglasses perched "cool" ah pek.

It was kinda funny though.
Old man: "Is that Red (sports) car outside, yours?"
Me: "No"
Old man: "Oh too bad, you can't go out with me tonight."
Me: *raised eyebrows*
pause
Old man: "You work in town?"
Me: "Yeah, CPW on Tinker St?"
blah blah blah
Old Man: "Oh, I've got a gallery at my place, opening one in fact. You should drop by sometime."
Me: "Er...Thanks but I rather not."
Old Man: "My name is Barry.
Me: "Er, Stefanie."
pause
Old Man: "Can I ask how old are you?"
Freaked-Out-Me: "YOUNG."

And that got rid of him! Yay!

Still no Leo in sight...
.
.
.
Anyway, all dressed up but nowhere to go. Today is warm day like Sg, decided to dress up in boots, my new DKNY shorts, funky suit jacket and my big sunglasses.

No one to impress, no place to go and silly me still did it anyway. Sighe. I wished I could go somewhere other than home-work,home-work. And with all unwelcomed attention, I will not do this again until I get to the city! Swear.

Okay. Back to more work! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!

at least the old man didnt go like,
" Xiao mei mei..."

hahaha!

sorry, cant help laughing!


cheers, Fei

Ophelia said...

hahaha same as fei.
missed!

stephy