I've just been living under the rock so much lately that it came as a surprise to me that AdobeCS3 had been out already. So much news just whizzed by and I just seem to live in a frozen period. Which is actually been really good.
Lunch today had me all emotional. Very dear Fawn said that people can't just pop in for 2 months, make people love them and than just drop everything and leave. She said she'd really like to speak to my parents, to tell them how much this whole internship really meant to me (she knew my background history of pursuing Photography and the whole parent thing). She even expressed how my comments during her crit class were so helpful and insightful and "with them"... Discussed about my university's options and had the boss's, the new education director and dear Fawn's thoughts of it. I am surely going to miss her lots, she's just so bubbly and warm and well... motherly.
Had a tour around various arts organisations today in town. It had been just so overwhelming inspiring. My heart stopped a beat when one of the directors of Byrdcliff's Arts Colony asked... "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
When was the last time someone asked you that? I thought, haven't I grew up already and am already doing something I am going to do when I grow up? It was just, a heart stopping, thoughtful moment. And Fawn's reply, I felt so much belief and hopes in her statement, I will get there. And that will be what I want to be in future, someone really phenomenonal.
Life in Singapore, now seemed so vague, at such a gradual juncture in life. It feels like I can't quite get back and undo the pause button and have everything going back to what they used to be. Because I know when I return, I am a changed person with a changed perspective of everything again. And when I click the resume button, It just doesn't resume the life of old Stef, its a new chapter with alot of character/personality history injected to it.
Suddenly another two more weeks of Woodstock seemed alarmingly distressing, I haven't documented my stay, my experiences, my life here. Everything is Life-changing and Woodstock is just a catalyst. Listening to Tori Amos on a rainy afternoon, craving for a Hot chocolate with a head overflowing with thoughts.
Friday, May 11, 2007
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment